Change In Schedule to Pre-Ballet, Pre-Tap, Ballet 1 and Tap 1
We have made the following schedule changes today:
- 9:30-10:00am Pre-Ballet class is canceled
- 10:00 to 10:30am Pre-Tap class is canceled
- 10:30 to 11:00am Ballet 1 class will start at 11:00am
- 11:00 to 11:30am Tap 1 class will start at 11:30am
We realize this may be an inconvenience, but one of our teachers is out with flu. Our other teachers are attending a dance competition is Washington, DC this weekend. The Pre-Ballet and Pre-Tap classes will be made up at the end of the session.
Closed Tonight – Tuesday, January 6th
We will be closed tonight and plan to reopen in the morning. Please check back here or on our Facebook page tomorrow morning for those of you who take morning classes.
Upcoming Holiday Events
- 12/6: Warrenton Christmas Parade – In Old Town Warrenton at night. Arrive early traffic is a problem after 4:30.
- 12/7: Manassas Christmas Parade – Same old parade as always. At least we have a low number this year.
- 12/8: Mayor’s Christmas Parade (Hampden/Baltimore, Maryland) – Home of the Miracle of 34th Street Light Display – Only a few blocks from the parade and worth staying for if you have never seen it.
- 12/14: King’s Dominion WinterFest Performance – Come dance and enjoy the WinterFest event for a very reasonable price for performers and families.
See the front desk for more information on these events.
Classes Start Tomorrow – See You Soon
Hi Spotlight Dancers,
Dance classes will start tomorrow, Monday, September 9th. We are excited to begin our 49th Dance Season. If you have not registered yet, we would love for you to join us. You may email me, email@example.com or call the studio 703-973-8133. The dance schedule may be found on our website (Class Listing (PDF) or Day Planner (PDF) or website)
Teen Musical Theater (Mondays from 8:00-9:00) and Teen Tumbling (Wednesday from 7:00-8:00 PM) will have delayed start dates. For those enrolled we will adjust your tuition to reflect the late start date.
Over the summer we repainted the the lobby, hallway and benches with Spotlight colors. We also replaced all of the carpet for the first time since opening 9 years ago. The old carpet was covered with numerous coffee, soda and food stains. We really want to carpet fresh and clean and therefore are reminding everyone that no food or drink of any type (other than water) is permitted anywhere in the building.
We look forward to meeting all of you and catching up with our continuing dancers. Have a great night and see you at the studio this week.
Registration Continues and Recital Videos Are In
We have received the recital videos and they are available for pickup during registration. Please check our facebook page for days and times. We have a few extras and if there is sufficient demand we might be able to order additional copies. If interested please let the front desk know.
2019-2020 Schedule Posted
Our 2019-2020 Schedule has been posted to our website. Direct links to the Class Listing and Day Planner are available in the Downloads section as well as on the Class Listing page. If you have any questions or concerns please call or email us. Registration starts Monday, August 12th. As in prior years we are offering a $10 discount on the registration fee to those who register by Thursday, August 22nd. Dates and times are as follows:
- August 12th – August 15th: 5pm – 8pm
- Tuesday, August 13th 10am – 12 noon
- August 19th – August 22nd: 5pm – 7pm
- Other times will be posted on our website and on Facebook
2019 – 2020 Spotlight Calendar Posted – Class Schedule Coming Soon…
Summer Program – Camps & Instensives – Starts July 8th
Our Summer Program starts Monday, July 8th and consists of Camps and Intensives with something for everyone. Currently enrolled Spotlight students well as those new to dance or from other dance studios are invited to participate.
Dance Company & Competition Team Auditions
Auditions for the Spotlight Dance Company and Competition Team will be held on Tuesday, June 4th and Thursday June 6th. All dancers are welcome to come and audition (even from other studios). Participation in the Competition Team requires being a member of the Spotlight Dance Company, which has your standard classes (Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Pointe, Hip Hop, Lyrical and others). For more information head to our Downloads page.